Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Responsibility is a Boon

Opening Scene
When Uncle Ben looks into the eyes of Peter Parker and says "With More Power Comes More Responsibility" he is not referring to the people who have the powers to fly through the busy streets of New York and fight the evil professor who turns into a giant lizard. He refers to each one of us who some others look up to in some way.


The formula, to this whole fitness thing, has 2 components to it. Both equally important and equally tough. The first component  is called "The Start - Taking the first step" which involves changing our eating, sleeping habits, bringing in discipline into every aspect of our life and based on where we start, it may also mean a major change in our lifestyle.

The Plot
The second component which I call "Stay focused and keep Going" is really tricky as it only gets harder, harder and harder everyday unless we learn and master the key ingredient which is starting to enjoy what we do over why we do. When we enjoy what we do "Staying Focused" will never be a problem. I know I've probably mentioned this over a thousand times already, will probably mention this another million times too, as it changes the whole perspective of working out and eating healthy.

There is genuine reason why staying focused "EVERYDAY, all year long" is so important.
We work hard all summer long and when winter hits and Holiday season begins we slow down and kinda stop. And before we realize we are back to those immobile days, spending most of the time on the couch munching on holiday left overs and watching TV all day. Result, we spend another summer working our ass off to shed all the unwanted weight and laziness that crept in during winter. Had we stayed focused by eating right and working out a little harder, we wouldn't have to play catch up all summer. We would actually be getting fitter without losing the enjoyment and motivation.

Now I hear my mind saying "Enough of the things that we already know, get back to why you even mentioned Uncle Ben and quote from the Spider man movies to start with".

Climax
Alright, Alright for all those who have made a start in this exciting quest, it is very important to understand that there are a lot of people who have already started to look up to us. They believe we have done something that they have not been able to do and because we are no holly wood hunks and just regular people like everyone else, they look up to us and believe that they can do what we have started to do.

It is our responsibility now, to stay focused, take pride in what we do and show everyone how much fun it is to keep going. We need to understand that when we put in 100 % effort, the person who follows us would probably be at 85 % and the ones who follow them would probably be at 70 %. It is just human nature so it is our responsibility to make sure we are always 110% if not more in our efforts so the people who look up to us do better.

So where ever I am, who ever I am with, I maintain my discipline, I eat right, I workout and I make sure I never compromise on neither my diet nor my workouts. Cos, I know there is always someone, who wants to make a start, is watching me and that I need to set a good example. So by staying focused and disciplined I take responsibility for the well being of my fellow earthlings.

But why did I not mention all this initially, well I just like movies with a climax that ties back to the first scene :).


No comments:

Post a Comment